This is a custom made item, please allow up to 2 weeks for processing. Thank you!
M1 Custom PC Cable Extensions
- Assembled in the USA with a 12-inch (30cm) length
- Sleeve melted over terminals. NOT “CRIMP OVER SLEEVE” STYLE
- Customizable curve profiles for the ultimate fit in your system
- 18-gauge or 16-gauge wire with E.L. Wood Paracord Made in USA.
- Brighter and more intense colors than other extensions
- Custom made to your specific color combination
Assembled in the USA
From start to finish, all assembly work of M1 Custom PC Cable Extensions is done right here in the USA by highly skilled craftsman. This means our custom extensions are manufactured to very high standards well above what is typically found with mass-produced “crimp over sleeve” style cables. With our sleeving methods, you also will not receive extensions with “loose” or “un-stretched” sleeve. Un-stretched sleeve on a wire is a sign of poor build quality, is unattractive and they will not form well due to the loss of rigidity.
Top level craftsmanship with the sleeve melted over the terminal, not crimped
At MOD-ONE we believe that great craftsman is more important than mass-production. This why we melt the sleeve over the terminals as opposed to crimping the sleeve to the wire. It is our belief that this method of crimping over the sleeve will never be as superior as melting the sleeve ends over the terminal. Crimping sleeve is done because it’s a faster method of manufacturing, not because it’s a better practice for quality, and here is why we think this;
- Crimping over sleeve generally requires a smaller diameter sleeve (~3mm). Many cables combs will fit loosely with this small sleeve (once fully stretched), but it also creates a “spaghetti like” appearance of your wires. We 650 coreless paracord, which when stretched over the wire properly, narrows and creates a beautiful fullness to the wires. This adds to a superior looking cable overall.
- Crimping down on sleeve over wire tends to create a bulge in the sleeve directly behind the crimp. This can result in sleeve that is loosely formed around the wire in a very visible section of your cable.
- Reduced strength at stress relief wings due to no insulation to bite into. The sleeve fits inside of ATX terminal wings by removing more insulation from the wire. So now the terminal wings are no longer biting into firm insulation, but soft woven sleeve. Our terminals bite directly into the insulation as are intended to be.
There is no perfect “arch” for every application
Within the last several years the “arched” extension cable has become the standard for sleevers around the world. What makes it useful is not just for nice pictures, but it aids in creating a nice uniform flow of wires. Without it, the wires on the underside of the cable can bulge up past the top wires when the cable is routed around bends.
We took this concept further by allowing our customers to choose the type of arch they require. For example, let’s examine the 24-pin cable; The most common arched 24-pin cable we see is the 180-degree arch. This is more functional than a flat cable in most any build, but it is not the best shape for most 24-pin cables. If we look a typical motherboard, the 24-pin connection sticks out perpendicular to the PCB. Based on a 180-degree arch, the male connector at the far end of the cable would run right into the door/panel on the cable side of your case. This is not ideal. What is ideal is for the connector to continue wrapping around so that is sits flat against the backside of the case. In other words, the cable needs to curve around 270-degrees (3/4 of a full rotation) for optimal cable management. In most situations, the only time a 180-degree cable works best on a 24-pin cable is on motherboards that have the connection pointed to the side (common on certain EVGA motherboards). Aside from the 270-degree and 180-degree cable, we also offer straight cables.
Quality in materials
We use E.L. Wood Paracord Sleeve over our custom made M1 16-gauge wire. E.L. Wood Braiding Co., Inc. founded in 1995. They are a family owned and operated manufacturer of custom braided rope and cordage located in beautiful Upstate New York. They produce this high quality paracord sleeve 100% in the USA.
Intense colors with ability to customize
Paracord comes is a variety of vibrant color options. We at MOD-ONE take it up another level by offering white wire as a base to sleeve over. Black wire darkens certain sleeve colors no different than a black base coat would on an interior wall or on a car. This means that the bright colors will “POP” with even more intense color than ever before. Rest assure though that when blacks, grays and other darker colors are used with white there is absolutely no color change. Lastly we give you complete control over the color scheme on your cables. So feel free to be your own cable designer, and color match these cables to your system exactly the way you want! Order a set today!
The Best in the business!
Posted by Kenneth J Pedersen on Nov 13th 2017
Not only did I receive a call from them to correct my mistake but Kevin took the time to walk me through the entire purchase. Who does that? Not big companies that's for sure. Not only was he great most importantly the craftsmanship of the work was amazing!