Black: A timeless classic, as dark as it gets.
- Manufactured in Bavaria, Germany by MDPC since 2007
- Zero color degradation from intense UV applications
- Made from high quality PET-X fibers
- Great for heatshrinkless and heatshrink style sleeving
No compromise - What MDPC stands for since 2007
Yes, this is the legendary MDPC-X Sleeve! It’s the original sleeve, which started, continued and brought the sleeving-art to where it is today. From 2007 until now, this cable-sleeve demonstrates what the famous MDPC-X saying "no-compromise" stands for: A product, which cannot be exceeded for the purpose it is designed for. It's coming in colors of extraordinary variety and beauty. A class of its own – globally known.
Sleeving techniques - Absolutely no limitations
Shrinkless and with-shrink techniques were both originally invented and brought to perfection with MDPC-X by enthusiasts all over the world – including many more methods. Just browse the internet and you will find an almost unlimited amount of inspiring methods and applications.
- MDPC-X can be used shrinkless (i.e. you put heatshrink over the transition of sleeve-end to wire or crimp-terminal, then melt the sleeving underneath the heatshrink by applying more than 250°C to the covered section and finally remove the heatshrink again. By this, the sleeve is melted onto the insulation of the wire or crimp-terminal).
- MDPC-X can be used the typical way too by applying heatshrinks to each end of the sleeve.
- If the diameter of the sleeved object is in between the lower medium to upper maximum range of the sleeve-expandability-rate, it will hold by itself perfectly without the need of any additional fixing methods.
Rigidity - You decide what the cable shall do, not vice versa
MDPC-X Sleeving is designed to turn a simple cable into a piece of art, which lets you see cables in a completely different way. MDPC-X Sleeve adds a perfect rigidity to the wire, it removes all the wobbles in the wire and enables you to shape the cable as you want, with perfectly smooth curves or absolute straight lines: No need for additional helpers to force your wire into a beautiful flow.
Expandability - You can do what others can't
This cable sleeve can be expanded and contracted from bigger diameters to smaller and vice versa, allowing you to put the sleeve over connectors (or similar), which are a good bit bigger than the wire itself. With this property, MDPC-X allows you to use it in a wide range of situations and designs. The flexibility in diameter naturally adjusts the sleeving size to the wire size. Being expandable, the process of putting the sleeve onto a cable is extremely easy – it’s even possible on cables of endless lengths.
Manufacturing - The opposite of today's high-volume industry
MDPC-X Sleeving is made of a very high number of PET-X fibers, machined on the most modern and precise machines in this industry, handled by highly educated and well paid experts, made in a clean and ecological environment. Only this total focus on quality and constant precision during the whole manufacturing process allows the creation of MDPC-X Sleeve. It all results in what the world knows as the highest quality sleeving product since 2007 - a class of its own in this industry.
Colors - Guaranteed unique range and quality
MDPC-X colors are lead-free! No intoxication via your skin. There is also no degradation of color if exposed to UV at outdoor applications, because the material is not dyed afterwards. The base material is made of the color. MDPC-X colors of the same name will not vary within a batch or if a new batch of this color is manufactured. MDPC-X colors are not shared with anyone else in the industry.
Robustness - Far more than just a fashion product
Compared to other types of cable-sleeving - like nylon based "cotton" materials, PET-X fiber is water repellent, stain resistant and always keeps its original color intensity - even if constantly exposed to UV. Another important difference, especially important for its usability and your safety: MDPC-X Sleeve does not burn as quickly and suddenly as Nylon does.
- Our PET-X material can be used under extreme conditions, constantly at temperatures ranging from -58°C to +155°C, even withstanding short term temperatures of 215°C. If you want to melt it, you need to apply more than 240°C. Melting can be used on purpose to fix the ends of MDPC-X cable-sleeve to wire insulations and similar.
- Resistant to almost all substances (e.g. salt-water, sweat) and chemicals (e.g. oil, gasoline/petrol, cleaning agents) you can use MDPC-X Sleeve in critical areas like engine-rooms, cycles, machines and even in the oceans around the world.
- Combined with its very high abrasion resistance and tensile strength, you have a product you can rely on when it comes the protection of your cables.
Common question: Which Sleeve size do I need?
MDPC-X Sleeve reaches its density maximum and typical look at the low-end and upper-end of its expansion range. At mid range, the weave opens slightly and evenly, which results in very appealing looks as well.
- SMALL Sleeve covers a diameter range from ~1.7mm to ~7.8mm, on short distances you can get it over objects of ~8.0mm in diameter
- SATA Sleeve covers a diameter range from ~5.0mm to ~14.5mm, on short distances you can get it over objects of ~15.0mm in diameter.
Common question: How much Sleeve do I need?
If you want to sleeve multiple cables or wires, just count them and measure their lengths: Number of wires * Length of wires + 20% is the safe MDPC-X recommendation, so you always have a little bit of overhead.
Remember that the more a cable sleeve is expanded on a wire, the shorter it gets in terms of length. In the rare case you want to put a small sleeve in almost totally overexpanded state onto a big wire, you better take twice the amount in length of what you would regularly need.
Common question: How much heatshrink do I need?
If you are going to use heatshrink, you usually need 1.5cm of heatshrink or slightly less on both ends of a sleeve, no matter if you are going to use it regularly or using the „melting“ shrinkless method. The calculation formula: Number of wires * 2 * 1.5cm + 20% = enough heatshrink for your project. Please do not try unprofessional techniques like crimping sleeve onto a wire, because it will degrade the stability of the crimp connection, which can result in serious electrical damage.
MDPC-X sleeves are the best quality sleeves I have ever worked with
Posted by michael mooney on May 27th 2019
I have been doing custom cables for 15 years and when I found the MDPC-X sleeves in a company in the UK I decided to try them out. The ease of working with the sleeve and the brilliant colors are phenomenal. It also plays a big part in training the wires as well.
Thak you MOD-ONE I will highly recommend to all my customers high end builds.
sata sleeves are quality products
Posted by dirty red on Apr 3rd 2018
I purchased a bunch of sleeving and I couldn't be more pleased w/the products! They put a nice finishing touch on my scooter build cleaning up a rats nest of wires to a clean & colorful finish..!
Thanks MOD-ONE you guys get a recommendation from me any day
Posted by Phillip Evitt on Dec 13th 2017
Chinese finger trap, push the ends together and the diameter increases, a lot.
For straight connectors it should slide over easily. All my connectors are 90 degree on both ends type and getting around the corner is right at the upper limit of possiblity.
Like putting a sock on, the heel is the tough bit.
Round the corners at the "heel" helps a lot.
A razorblade cuts the sharp connecter corner cleanly.
Pre flattened so it recovers to fit the sata cable exactly once the connecter is vanquished.
The Noctua of cable sheath.
Great Sata Sleeve Quality
Posted by Brandon on Sep 15th 2016
I bought some of this sleeve to use for my SATA cables. If you are interested in sleeving your own cables then make sure to buy about 20% more in length if you are new to sleeving. I ran out of sleeve because I didn't cut the length correctly to account for the extra length needed to get accurate coverage. I would highly recommend this brand of sleeve over others.
Great Sata sleeve
Posted by Kenneth Golden on Jul 29th 2016
I used this sleeve on 3 flat Sata cables (12inch,12 inch and 18 inch) and it came out perfect! Excellent fit and quality. I will buy again.