- Assembled in the USA in lengths ranging from 20cm - 80cm
- Sleeve melted over terminals. NOT “CRIMP OVER SLEEVE” STYLE
- Customizable options such as wire color, sleeve color, and wire length
- 18-gauge or 16-gauge wire with German made MDPC-X Sleeving
- Brighter and more intense colors than other full length cables
- Custom made to your specific color combination
- Optional dummy wire to fill pin 20 on Motherboard end of the cable (aesthetic)
Assembled in the USA
From start to finish, all assembly work of M1 Custom Full Length Power Supply Cables are done right here in the USA by highly skilled craftsman. This means our custom cables are manufactured to very high standards well above what is typically found with mass-produced “crimp over sleeve” style cables. With our sleeving methods, you also will not receive cables with “loose” or “un-stretched” sleeve. Un-stretched sleeve on a wire is a sign of poor build quality, is unattractive and they will not form well due to the loss of rigidity.
Top level craftsmanship with the sleeve melted over the terminal, not crimped
At MOD-ONE we believe that great craftsman is more important than mass-production. This why we melt the sleeve over the terminals as opposed to crimping the sleeve to the wire. It is our belief that this method of crimping over the sleeve will never be as superior as melting the sleeve ends over the terminal. Crimping sleeve is done because it’s a faster method of manufacturing, not because it’s a better practice for quality, and here is why we think this;
- Crimping over sleeve generally requires a smaller diameter sleeve (~3mm). Many cables combs will fit loosely with this small sleeve (once fully stretched), but it also creates a “spaghetti like” appearance of your wires. We use 6mm MDPC-X Sleeve, which when stretched over the wire properly, narrows and creates a beautiful fullness to the wires. This adds to a superior looking cable overall.
- Crimping down on PET sleeve over wire tends to create a bulge in the sleeve directly behind the crimp. This can result in sleeve that is loosely formed around the wire in a very visible section of your cable.
- Reduced strength at stress relief wings due to no insulation to bite into. The sleeve fits inside of ATX terminal wings by removing more insulation from the wire. So now the terminal wings are no longer biting into firm insulation, but soft woven sleeve. Our terminals bite directly into the insulation as are intended to be.
Unparalleled quality in materials
We use the legendary MDPC-X PC Cable Sleeve over our custom made M1 16-gauge wire. MDPC-X Sleeve is the original PC sleeve which started the trend of cable sleeving back in 2007. It is manufactured in Germany by Nils Papke in his family ran shop. MDPC-X Sleeve is not a re-branded product like most other sleeves on the market. They offer the best quality and widest range of colors to choose from in a PET sleeve. It is also much more durable compared to paracord which is a fabric base material. Fabric based materials can fray and retain dust and dirt in the fibers. MDPC-X being a PET sleeve will never fray, and is much less likely to retain dust in the sleeve. Our M1 16-gauge wire was custom made to be used specifically for PC cable sleeving. It is very easy to train, and allows for ultimate form of your cables when used with MDPC-X. We also use long wing terminals which are extremely reliable, and strong.
Intense colors with ability to customize
MDPC-X Sleeve is extremely vibrant, beautiful and is considered by many to have the best colors. We at MOD-ONE take it up another level by offering white wire as a base to sleeve over. Black wire darkens certain PET sleeve colors no different than a black base coat would on an interior wall or on a car. This means that the bright MDCP-X colors will “POP” with even more intense color than ever before. Rest assure though that when blacks, grays and other darker colors are used with white there is absolutely no color change. Lastly we give you complete control over the color scheme on your cables. So feel free to be your own cable designer, and color match these cables to your system exactly the way you want! Order a set today!
MDPC-X Atomic-Green (under mixed UV light)
MDPC-X Transparent with black and white wire (special request).
Posted by Ryan on Sep 13th 2018
The build quality is awesome. Was hesitant to choose 16 AWG, but 16 AWG wire is perfect.. All the cables that I have bought work well and look awesome
Posted by Blake D. on Aug 11th 2018
These cables are made with top quality materials. I bought a Cougar Conquer case which has the MB mounted at an angle and the PSU towards the front. With this setup the cables that came with the PSU were too short. Mod One gave me the option to order cables that would fit with snazzy colors to boot. The wires are firm and hold their shape rather well. I will recommend Mod One to my gaming buddies.
The only negative thing I can say is I wish Mod One gave you the option to get more than 3 closed wire combs.
Posted by Carl Bloor on May 14th 2018
Purchased for Corsair RMi modular PSU. Outstanding quality of materials and build. Even emailed me directly regarding special notes on my purchase. Best quality product you will find, without question. I'm back today to buy more! You can never have enough SATA/PCI-E cables ;)
Great build quality
Posted by Unknown on Apr 11th 2018
I bought a whole set of cables for my motherboard and graphics cards. I've made my own custom cables now many times before, to a very exacting standard, and I know how much time doing this right takes. These cables easily better my own efforts and I won't hesitate to use Mod-One for future builds.
Only the Best Will Do
Posted by K. Grant on Jan 22nd 2018
These cables that Mod-One make are just incredible. The level of detail put into making one of these 24-Pin cables is just astounding. If you want the best there is then I suggest you shop with Mod-One. Thanks Mod-One!
Posted by Unknown on Nov 10th 2017
The cables were awesome. The colors are bright and glow very well in my case under the UV lights i have. This simple mod made my rig look professionally built.
Very high quality Cables
Posted by Montrose on Sep 21st 2017
This review isn't just for the 24 pin cable but for a full set. The build quality is the best I have seen and the order was shipped on time and was 100% what I had ordered. These cable are so easy to train and they stay the shape you bend them to and they look great too. I will only be buying my cables from MOD-0ne from now on.