The MDPC "10th Anniversary Edition" crimping tool MD-CTX3 replaces the legendary CT1 model, which earned the reputation of being the reference for the last 7 years.
Combining the best of the best to make a universal crimping tool in a class of its own:
1. Crimping result quality of the MD-CTX3 crimping tool:
- 5-axis CNC shaping of the essential structures, made in Germany, to achieve the highest standards in crimp terminal shaping over all 3-axis (!) of the crimp terminal - based on the official MLX guidelines.
- Successful pull force testing for all 3 wire sizes in all 3 slots of the crimping tool - based on the official MLX guidelines.
- The successful combination of the first 2 aspects is where existing tools had to compromise. The MD-CTX3 meets both aspects.
- This crimping tool is specifically made for the following wire sizes: AWG15-AWG16 (EU 1.50mm², EU 1,00mm²), AWG18-AWG20 (EU 0,75mm², EU 0.50mm²), AWG26 (EU 0,25mm², EU 0,14mm²).
- The following crimp terminals can be crimped perfectly (!): Open barrel type ATX (Mini-Fit-Jr and similar) AWG16 and AWG18-20 crimp terminals, fan crimp terminals (and similar), so called internal 2.54 grid DuPont, i.e. internal USB, internal audio, frontpanel etc.) crimp terminals and the so called "Molex" terminals (5 1/4" power, deprecated at MOLEX). You can basically crimp every open-barrell type crimp terminal with this crimping tool, as long as it fits into the size range.
2. Build quality of the MD-CTX3 crimping tool:
- The MD-CTX3 crimping tool is the result of 6 involved companies in Taiwan and Germany: 3 different companies in Taiwan are responsible for the base, 3 companies in Germany are responsible for the end product.
- The final design of the MD-CTX3 tool has no weaknesses in any detail and is 100% unique in total, from overall design to finest CNC details.
- The custom handles are not only a beauty to look at; they also distribute the forces more evenly to your hands than our CT1 handles.
- The steel jaws of the crimping tool are additionally hardened and cannot be damaged by regular crimping terminals and wires.
- Countersunk head construction (as on the CT1) does not block the view onto the terminals. Highest quality German made hardened stainless steel screws are used everywhere in the crimping tool, so there will be no rusting, degradation or stability issues over the lifetime of your MD-CTX3 crimping tool.
Guaranteed perfection in crimp terminal shaping for all major wire sizes, while fulfilling all standardized pull force tests, this 100% unique MD-CTX3 crimping tool will last for a lifetime, because the final construction eliminates all potential weaknesses a crimping tool could have. This is the last crimping tool you will likely ever buy in your life: Good for you, bad for us at this price.
Crimping guide and tutorial for the MDPC-X crimping tool:
Please take a look at the image gallery of this crimping tool. It gives you a full understanding about the procedures and important details of crimp terminal positioning.
- You "open" the crimping tool by "closing" it. Just press the handles together and the ratchet mechanism will release the lock.
- Place the crimp terminal into one of the 3 slots with the matching size for terminal and wire. The front of the crimp terminal must stick out of the jaws-rear far enough (the images explain it best). This is the most important aspect!
- Close the tool a little bit until it squeezes down the rear-wings of the crimp terminal (the so called "insulation holders").
- Now push the uninsulated wire into the rear of the crimp terminal until the insulation stops at the narrow part in the middle of the crimp terminal (the so called "wire core holder"). The images show exactly what is meant. Insulation holder of the terminal is fully over the insulation, wire holder is completely over the uninsulated wire core.
- Now fully close the tool and it will "open" again when fully squeezed together. Done!
- You can always "pre-open" the tool by pushing the small lever (on the inside of the bottom handle) towards the front of the tool, while slightly pressing the handles together. If you experience that the front of a crimp terminal turns upwards or downwards, just place a finger underneath the crimp terminal front, which sticks out of the tool.
- Enjoy the unlimited power of creating your own cables!
Good crimp example:
Can't get any better
Posted by Spence on Sep 25th 2018
I've had a few other pairs of crimpers that worked good, these are multiple times better. Crimps are perfect, doesn't over crimp and each jaw dye is perfectly calibrated for large to small terminals. A bit expensive but it's the last one you'll have to buy.
Posted by Leda on Jul 21st 2018
The best crimper in the market.High quality and easy to use.Thank you.
Posted by Unknown on Apr 19th 2018
Solid construction. Perfect crimps. Worth every $
Posted by Unknown on Feb 5th 2018
Excellent feel and accuracy.
These crimper are highly accurate, high quality, and very easy to use. I would recommend to others if they are looking for crimpers. Doesn't get any better.
No more crashing terminals
Posted by Natalie on Jan 10th 2018
MDPC "10th Anniversary Edition" crimping tool MD-CTX3 is better than old original MDPC-X crimper this one fix some problem we have with the old crimping tool that we can not crimp 16awg wire with out crashing down the terminal that problem is all fix!
You will pay more but this is not made china, They're made in Germany with high end build quality remember you get what you pay for.
Best of the best
Posted by Unknown on Dec 26th 2017
Doesn't get any better.
Must have crimp tool
Posted by Barefooter on Nov 2nd 2017
I have the original MDPC-X crimpers which is a great crimp tool. I picked up this new version on my last order and they are even better than the original version. I've done fan terminals, ATX terminals and Molex terminals, and they are all perfect crimps. I highly recommend this crimp tool. You will not be disappointed.
Posted by bellyflopdog on Oct 19th 2017
I have found the crimper of my dreams! Excellent feel and accuracy even on fan terminals. Do yourself a big favor and buy one of these.
Easy to use
Posted by Charlie on Oct 2nd 2017
These crimpers are highly accurate, feel high quality, and very easy to use. The release is simple to reach and use with one hand. When I compare these to other crimpers I've found, I'd put these miles ahead of the competition, there's simply no comparison.
Posted by Unknown on Sep 29th 2017
The crimpers are very accurate when i had to remake my cpu power cable. Very easy to use. The release mechanism was easy to hit witht he same hand. Also the lock and unlock was very self explanatory. For a solid construction and the price is well worth it. I would recommend to others if they are looking for crimpers.